Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Long Weekend in Montreal

I was fortunate enough to visit Montreal for five nights on my own in June.  Every other time I have visited Montreal it has been a transit stop to come or go from Lab City or a hectic work visit.  This time it was work and pleasure so I had a chance to shop on rue Sainte Catherine, visit old Montreal as well as a couple of days in the office on rue Sherbrooke.  Each morning I walked up Mont Royal to the lookout as well as walking all over the city. On Sunday I walked to old Montreal and took a tour on an amphibious vehicle taking in the city from the street and the St Lawrence River.


I also took a tour of the Notre Dame Basilica, the organist performs a show every Sunday afternoon but I was so worn out and wanted to get back to the hotel so I missed it. I hobbling home with blistered feet.
Notre-Dame Basilica

Old Montreal
On Tuesday night before I left Montreal I went to Cirque du Soleil Ama Luna held in a big top at the Port of Montreal.  I learnt that Cirque du Soleil originated in Montreal.  It was an amazing show, especially a performance by the star of the show in a huge water bowl.  I have never seen anyone get their body into such positions, she was a contortionist!

I had a great time in Montreal,aw some sights, sampled the awesome food and shopped till I dropped.  I was planning to return home rested but I was totally worn out on Wednesday night when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment