Friday, November 19, 2010

Getting colder

It is officially cold now, today is -9 degC and I can feel the difference from the temperatures around zero we've had for the past few weeks.  I used to see parents putting their kids coats, hats, mitts and boots on, just to walk from the car to the shops or from Wee College to the car and I thought "why bother with all that gear?  It's just a quick dash to the car".

Well today I found out why.  They all knew what was coming and are obviously in the habit, Cooper thinks it's enough to have on two layers (a singlet and a t-shirt), he keeps saying "I don't need another jumper".  Well at below zero temperatures you do need all the gear, I dressed the boys up in the coats, hats and mitts to go to the shop but on the way back to the car I already had my hands full so I skipped putting on Ryder's mitts.  We started our short walk from the mall to the car and Cooper slipped over on the ice, he didn't have his mitts on so I told him to put his hand in his pockets, so when he fell over he kept his hands in his pockets and fell flat on his face on the slippery ice in the carpark.  Luckily he thought it was funny and didn't hurt himself, but by the time we were at the car Ryder was howling because his hands were so cold.  I knew how he felt because mine were freezing too.  I had already turned the car on remotely so the heater was going flat out, I strapped them both in their carseats as the wind blew the snow into the car, let's get outta here!!!

The Mall (before the snow)

No comments:

Post a Comment