Thursday, November 4, 2010

A visit to the playground

It looked like a lovely day today so I promised Cooper we could go to the park. It hasn't snowed since the weekend and the last time I went past the park it looked like there was only a light covering of snow (although I haven't seen anyone at the park since I arriving). I made sure I dressed the boys in warm clothes, for Ryder this was a singlet, a fleece bodysuit, fleece tracksuit pants, a fleece jumper, a parka, pants, socks and snow boots!  Cooper wore trackies, a t-shirt, a hoodie, socks, a parka, snow pants and snow boots.  What a mission to get out of the house and then to get the seat belts done up. 

I got a coffee from maccas and we parked on the ice outside the playground.  I got out of the car and put the boys fleece hats on under their parka hats, then the mittens.  I am not well practiced at putting gloves on the kids and it is a bit tricky, by the time I had them on, my hands were like ice, I got so annoyed when Ryder's mitten fell off.  In my preparations for Cooper and Ryder I had sacrificed my own prep so I only had fleece gloves, my parka, jeans and some suede boots on.  I was warm enough on top but the snow was deep enough to make sure that my feet were freezing. 

The clothes, cold and snow did not deter the boys who were so happy to be at the park, they wanted to play on everything and I just wanted to go home.  In addition, the coffee was awful, no cappucinos here, most (all) coffee is drip filter.  I was thinking about those lovely long visits to the new playgrounds in Karratha this past winter, getting a cappucino at maccas on the way, relaxing on the grass and getting annoyed about all the sand in Cooper's pockets when we got home, what did I have to complain about?

We lasted for about 40 minutes which is a pretty good effort, Ryder didn't have snow pants on (big mistake) so his pants were all wet and snow had gone into the tops of his boots.  I warmed up the car and bundled the boys in so they could warm up.  I know I will get better at this and today's temperature will be considered warm in a months time!  Enjoy your cappucino.

No comments:

Post a Comment