Saturday, December 4, 2010

Arrival of our air freight

Finally our air freight arrived on Thursday morning, we were so excited to have some of our own things!  We were allowed 450 kg of air freight which was about 16 packing boxes full.  Back in Australia we decide to pack all of our clothes, some linen and a few essentials for Cooper and Ryder - the cot, the highchair and a few toys.

I was determined to unpack one box at a time to avoid a big mess but I ended up opening most of them and creating a big mess, it's now Saturday morning and I still have my clothes to put away so the house is still untidy.  While unpacking I was thinking how unneccesary lots of the items are.  The boys have so many t-shirts, shorts and summer PJ's, some haven't even been worn yet. These items went in bottom drawers along with rash shirts, summer shoes and togs. We stocked up on Bonds socks, singlets and undies before we left so it was good to get this stuff, nothing beats good old Aussie bonds underwear!  While I was really looking forward to receiving our clothes, I felt a little disappointed after unpacking it all, we still don't seem to have enough of the items we actually need - long pants or warm tops.  The highchair and toys have been very handy though.

No comments:

Post a Comment