Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Cheer

Only two days before Christmas and the shops are crazy.  The Christmas aisles in Walmart are looking bare but I managed to pick up a few new decorations on sale at a shop that looks like it only sells Christmas decorations (not sure what they are going to sell after December 25th!).

Last night at 10.30pm our doorbell rang, four carolers were singing at the front door!  I must admit that I had no idea what it was all about and I thought they would be asking for a donation or selling raffle tickets (every day I get asked to buy a raffle ticket).  They told me they were just spreading Christmas cheer.
Putting up our real Christmas tree
Cooper puts on the star

On another note, we had a big snowfall a couple of weeks ago but again the weather warmed up and the snow melting caused lots of damage to the rail tracks coming in to Labrador City.  The queue at the gas bar (petrol station) was huge as everyone lined up to fill up their cars with gas before it ran out.

Washout under the rail tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment